Tuesday 6 November 2012

A little love goes a long way

I'm a feeler... Well I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology, lol.. But I feel people's pain when they speak to me, call it whatever you want.. I say I'm a feeler. I haven't been able to distance myself as well as I would like, cause I'm also an extremist.. It's one extreme to the other. But I don't always see this as a curse, because I'm usually able to tell two sides, be logical and explain what needs to be explained.. Be the voice of reason and everything. So with that being said, I have something really important to say.. 

When i experienced some difficult times with my mom, I was able to turn to some very supportive persons, yet one person really stood out for me and made me realize that within my own self that I did not always look at both sides when it came to my own life, which I guess happens alot with persons. So anyway this amazing woman(My Mother In Law to be :) ) told me that maybe my mo was hurt before and that hardened her heart a bit, and without even knowing it, she transfers that hurt unto those who love her the most. And that I should let her know that I love her and try to understand where she was coming from. Really it sounds like common sense but really it wasn't at the moment, I guess because I was the one in the situation. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I heard it, and I thin that made me realize a lot of things after, pertaining to other persons and their issues..

Sometimes we think that we're so great and we do all that we can do for everyone else, and that they should be extremely grateful for what we do. But really, sometimes we fall short in the eyes of our loved ones, sometimes we aren't so great as we think, not that we're completely bad, but just that we're not perfect. Sometimes people have their own demons to fight and they aren't able to praise us for putting a meal on the table and providing the basics necessities, but that doesn't give us the right to assume that they're ungrateful. The world changes everyday, and everyday most of us lose sight, and we focus on ourselves and forget that like us, other persons have issues, as young as they may be, but not because someone doesn't have the same issues or problems like you, that doesn't mean that they are valid. 

Remember that sometimes all we need is a hug, some encouraging words, some I love you's and a cup of tea... Shared responsibility and communication also makes it a whole lot better :).... Lol so remember to keep in mind that sometimes when we think that we show our love by doing the basic things another human requires, sometimes that's not enough, they need to hear it.. I'm sure you do at times... Be the change you want to see in others... It starts within. 


No comments:

Post a Comment