Tuesday 6 November 2012

Learning when to forgive

Sometimes we want to keep someone in our lives so bad, that we  overlook every fault they possess. And some even say 'I don't live in the past" in order to justify why they tolerate and "forget" the wrong done to them. Some may disagree, and some may agree, I get forgiving your partner, because we are humans, and we do make mistakes, but forgiveness and forgetfulness should be given and done when you see promise in your partner, when you see them making an effort to correct their mistake, when they take ownership of the wrong they've done. If you continuously and conveniently forgive and forget because  you want to keep him/her, you're selling yourself short every time. If after so many times of me doing something wrong, and you forgive every time without me even having to say sorry, or maybe you give me the option of saying sorry when I feel like it,while you still stick with me, I'll tell myself you don't think very much of yourself and you need me,that's why you let me do whatever I want.... And you know what? I'll do just that, every time. 

Yes you've put time in,but think of how much time you're going to waste if you don't address and fix your issues. Work on them together, listen, explain and be honest, say when something affects you, but don't say it in a way where you come off as you do everything perfectly, because the truth is we view ourselves differently from what people actually see. Give it a try today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment