Thursday 22 March 2012

I'm Black and I'm Proud

I'm black and proud to the extent of my color, and the people who fought to be free. There is a reason they fought for it, and there was a goal. Somehow, coming down the line, generation after generation that got lost. Somehow we lost sight of who we are, what we are, how we got here and what we're worth. Somehow the tales of slavery no longer mean anything, and we embrace it with open arms, welcoming it back into our lives. Somehow along the line, 'I'm black and I'm proud' was just something to say and not an actual feeling. Somehow our race has ended up in a place where we don't even want to say I'm black. We're either brown, mixed far down the blood line, and everything else in between. Somehow we've managed to be worst off than our ancestors in slavery times.

No comments:

Post a Comment